Do you use Facebook through your mobile device? If so, you’re not the only one, 543 million people access Facebook whilst out and about on their mobile and over 300 million photos are uploaded to Facebook each month.
These figures are extremely large, giving a great opportunity for you to engage with your audience whilst they are on the move.
It is extremely important for businesses to understand why mobile users are important to Facebook.
Mobile devices are essential to Facebook due to the amount of people who own them and also because mobile users are twice as active on Facebook, therefore it is crucial that you incorporate Facebook into your marketing strategy.
How should you adapt your marketing strategy to incorporate Facebook for mobile users?
The majority of content accessed by mobile users is through their Facebook news feed. With this in mind, below are some marketing suggestions to enable a greater chance of visibility in these mobile news feeds:
- Use images/ videos: It is a well-known fact that user engagement is a great deal stronger when using images and videos.
- Ask questions and involve your audience: People like to feel a part of something, make sure you include them in your updates by asking questions etc.
- Post succinct content of 160 characters or fewer: Short-and-sweet is always best when writing content/posting updates. Your audience are a lot more likely to take the time to read.
- Be humorous and entertaining: The majority of users access Facebook in their leisurely time, therefore posting light hearted or interesting content is essential.
- Add calls to action: When possible, make sure you include any information that provides a call to action. This will enhance the chances of building a consumer relationship with your audience.
- Facebook Offers: This is popular amongst local businesses from a mobile standpoint. However, if you feel that promoting offers would not be beneficial to your company, take advantage of your updates and post something like; ‘Are you on your mobile phone? Come in and get a free coffee!’
- Promoted Posts: This is a great way to ensure that all of your Facebook followers see a specific update. With Promoted Posts, it is 100% guaranteed that your update will appear in the timeline of all your followers. This is especially effective for the Facebook mobile app, as promoted posts get a great deal more visibility.